September 8, 2009
If I haven't mentioned it already, Brandi and I met a guy named Marco on the train to Udine. His last name isn't Polo, but it does start with a P! Anyway, he speaks pretty good English so we talked the whole way to Udine. Then we exchanged emails because he goes to school at the University here. And once we got our Italian cell phones, we exchanged numbers and have been trying to hang out again, in hopes of improving our language skills! So, we finally get ahold of him today to meet up. And we actually did the muah muah cheek kisses when we said hello! How cute is that?!? So we got some gelato, walked around, saw the university, and exchanged language tips. Apparently our southern dialect pretty much prevents us from coming anywhere close to proper pronunciation. That, and I can't roll my Rs! Anywho, we also drug him to the grocery store to help us out in the deli section. I asked him where I could go to get a hamburger and he said McDonalds. Is there anywhere besides McDs? As he starts explaining, I hear something about bus #9. Wha? I have to take a bus to get a hamburger? No thanks! And he said, you Americans don't like fresh foods, you like things from McDonalds...things that make you fat! But you are not fat...why? I can't help but laugh just about anytime he opens his mouth!

No comments:
Post a Comment